My friend has been tracking some of the fun and funny sayings that her two kids have come up with since they’ve been able to talk (“R” is now 6 and “T” is 8 years old). I’ve had a good guffaw over them and thought I’d share some here that she’s recorded over the years:
- After T’s first full day of school, my friend asked him: “Did you have a good day?”; T’s answer: “Excellent! I had 3 recesses and a nap!”
- Running around in his snowsuit and enjoying the noise the fabric makes, R exclaimed: “I have sounds in my snowsuits!!”
- T thinks “seaweed” is a very funny word because it sounds like the sea did a wee.
- Seeing ducks/seagulls on Lake Ontario, R cries out: “Look! Floating chickens!”
- T quote: “I can spell OWL: “OW” spells bandaid and “WOOL” (“wul”) spells sheep.”
- When R found red flannel in the strips in my friend’s sewing basket, he asked: “Mum! Did you cut up Santa Claus?”
More to share later!
In the meantime, here’s today’s CSOTD: